Lung Cancer Screening practical part – LCS Workshop
Thursday, June 15, 2023 | Online
FULLY BOOKED – Workshop 1 (10:00-12:00 CEST) > Tutor: Dr. Mario Silva, University of Parma > in cooperation with Coreline
FULLY BOOKED – Workshop 2 (15:00-17:00 CEST) > Tutor: Dr. Arjun Nair, University College London Hospital > in cooperation with MeVis
2×10 seats will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Early booking is recommended. Ticket fee is set at 150,00 EUR.
CLICK HERE to download the terms&conditions, cancellation policy.
Workshop description/learning objectives
In the workshop, the radiologist will become familiar with
– how CAD marks are displayed and accepted/rejected
– how volumetry (3D segmentation of nodules by the computer) is computed
– how volumetry can be adjusted if the segmentation is not satisfactory
– how volumetry can be computed on lesions missed by CAD but seen by the radiologist
– how to make a diameter measurement if volumetry fails
– how subsolid nodules are handled
– how part-solid nodules are handled and how the total volume and volume of the solid core is measured
– how a nodule in a f/u scan is linked to the same nodule in a prior scan
– how to compute volume doubling time or growth rate and determine a management category per nodule
– other tools that can help with other findings, e.g. coronary calcification and emphysema
– get a possibility to practice with many cases from lung cancer screening programs and gain hands-on experience with modern AI tools for lung cancer screening
In cooperation with
Are you interested in organising a CAD/AI workshop together with ESTI?
Send an email to the ESTI Office (office@myESTI.org) and we will be happy to provide you with further details and all requirements.