Lung Cancer Screening practical part
New date: March 2022 – on occasion of ECR 2022
Workshop 1: in cooperation with Aidence; Tutor: Dr. Arjun Nair, University College London
Workshop 2: in cooperation with MeVis; Tutor: Dr. Anand Devaraj, Royal Brompton Hospital
Both workshops are fully booked; registration is closed.
If you want to be added to the waiting list, please send am email to office@myESTI.org.
on occasion of ECR 2022 in Vienna
Workshop description/learning objectives
In the workshop, the radiologist will become familiar with
– how CAD marks are displayed and accepted/rejected
– how volumetry (3D segmentation of nodules by the computer) is computed
– how volumetry can be adjusted if the segmentation is not satisfactory
– how volumetry can be computed on lesions missed by CAD but seen by the radiologist
– how to make a diameter measurement if volumetry fails
– how subsolid nodules are handled
– how part-solid nodules are handled and how the total volume and volume of the solid core is measured
– how a nodule in a f/u scan is linked to the same nodule in a prior scan
– how to compute volume doubling time or growth rate and determine a management category per nodule
– other tools that can help with other findings, e.g. coronary calcification and emphysema
– get a possibility to practice with many cases from lung cancer screening programs and gain hands-on experience with modern AI tools for lung cancer screening
In cooperation with
Are you interested in organising a CAD/AI workshop together with ESTI?
Send an email to the ESTI Office (office@myESTI.org) and we will be happy to provide you with further details and all requirements.