UEMS CME Accreditation
We are pleased to inform you that all 6 LCS webinars 2021 have been granted 1 European CME credits (ECMEC®s) by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®).
The certificate of attendance/CME certificate will be sent 1 month after the live webinar.
The website www.speedtest.net offers you to check your bandwidth. We strongly recommend
• Upload min. 6Mbit required bandwidth (relevant for speakers, moderators sharing their camera and audio signal)
• Download min. 6Mbit required bandwidth
Also, we recommend a cable internet or a wireless connection with full signal.
Please note: Shared bandwidth (e.g. hospital, universities) will result in lower bandwidth for each user.
The webinars are open for
– all interested persons
– persons who have actively subscribed for the LCS certification (Step 1 of the programme outline)
Exclusive Sponsor 2021
Monday, September 13, 2021 | 18:00 CEST
An overview of LCS: A summary of the main trial results, from ELCAP to NELSON
Speaker: Cornelia Schaefer‐Prokop, Amersfoort/NL | Moderator: Mario Silva, Parma/IT
After listening to the webinar, you will
– have learned about the differences between American NLST trial and the European trials in terms of study set up and how these differences influence the results
– be updated on the most recent screening trial results including the results of the Nelson trial presented at the IASLC in Toronto in 2018
– know about aspects to be considered when setting up a screening program
– will be informed about cost effectiveness analysis and statements of European professional societies as published thus far
Monday, October 25, 2021 | 18:00 CEST
Technical requirements for LCS: How to perform the acquisition (dose, slice thickness), How to read the scans
Speaker: Annemiek Snoeckx, Edegem/BE | Moderator: Thomas Frauenfelder, Zurich/CH
This webinar discusses the technical requirements for low-dose CT for lung cancer screening. Following items will be discussed: the importance of low radiation dose for screening, radiation dose in some of the large lung cancer screening trials, volumetric measurement, technical standards for lung cancer screening as proposed by ESTI, role of the radiologist, how LCS scans should be read.
After listening to the webinar, you will
– have gained insight in the importance of low dose CT in lung cancer screening
– have learned about the radiation dose in some of the large lung cancer screening trials
– be updated with the technical standards for lung cancer screening as proposed by ESTI
– be informed on how lung cancer screening scans should be read
– have gained insight about the latest evidence on radiation dose in LCS
Monday, November 15, 2021 | 18:00 CET
Solid nodule morphological evaluation: How to recognise obviously benign/malignant nodules, how to recognise intrapulmonary lymph nodes, pitfalls
Speaker: Anand Devaraj, London/UK
This webinar will illustrate and discuss the crucial morphological features of solid lung nodules that help differentiate benign and malignant nodules and how they impact on management in screening
– Understand that lung nodule management is determined mainly by nodule size and morphology
– Learn the key features of benign intrapulmonary lymph nodes
– Understand the appearances and management of inflammatory lesions
– Be aware of the CT morphological appearances of atypical lung cancers
Monday, December 06, 2021 | 18:00 CET
Solid nodule measurement and follow‐up, criteria of positive screens
Speaker: Helmut Prosch, Vienna/AT | Moderator: Mario Silva, Parma/IT
– To become familiar with the pros and cons of 2D and 3D measurements of pulmonary nodules
– To understand the importance of module management protocols in lung cancer screening
Active members have access to the LCS webinar recordings below (after a period of approximately 30 days). Please login either at the right upper corner or by clicking on the respective video. If the access has been denied, please contact office@myESTI.org to check your membership status.